5 Ayurvedic Principles for Cooking
Reclaim your health by using the most powerful medicine known to man ~ mindful eating. Practice these simple principles when cooking your meals this week.
- Food should be light, easy to digest and to assimilate.
- The largest meal should be at lunchtime, when you have the support of the sun.
- Use spices intelligently to balance the doshas. Calming spices are ginger, cumin and cardamom. Warming spices are turmeric, cinnamon, and mustard. Soothing spices are coriander, fennel, and salt.
- Cooked food is easier to digest than raw food.
- Certain foods do not go well with others. Specifically, cow’s milk does not go well with sour fruits or banana. Yogurt and banana are also incompatible.